Tuesday, March 23, 2010

on confoundment

so, i'm dating this guy, pretty serisouly; as in we're not dating anyone else and using crazy terms like "boyfriend" and "girlfriend." ugh. now, don't let my self-proclaimed singledome confuse you, as far as my tax return is concerned, i am still a single woman. right up until there is a modest yet stunning ring on my finger. holy crap, i need to file my taxes.

anyway, this guy (let's just call him "good material if i ever do write that novel") loves to push my buttons. last night, at donn's depot (local watering hole), he goes off on this ten minute rant about how silly ole blue is and how he doesn't understand why anyone in their right mind would purchase a gas guzzling, tiny back seat, ass-feels-like-its-dragging-the-ground mustang. in my defense, the old girl was a bargain at the time and being eighteen and headed off to the big city of austin, she seemed like the right choice. after all, bringing the '66 mustang down to austin wasn't really an option. not only did alyssa wear her out (what with all the racing and probably making a pretty decent profit) but i did a pretty good number on her too.

thats not to say that driving a badass old piece of metal in austin can't be done, i ran into one just like her on lamar the other day and had to take a picture for alyssa. this car is her to a tee; color, year, make and model. i miss her. maybe this is her.




like dad did for alyssa and i, he is revamping an old hunk of metal for clyde as well. it is a process. my father is married to a deer processing plant so there is not a lot of time for making ugly old cars beautiful. these things take time and money. time that my dad would rather spend on the leon catching yellowcat. which is understandable. and anyway, clyde will probably leave the blue meanie in some strange place and forget about it later. forget her car? you say. yes. if maura's ass wasn't attached, she would leave it on the couch. right next to a bag of chips.







couple of nerds.












two peas in a pod, these two.










the "meanie." and me and clyde.








so, you get it. we like cars. blue cars.

back to "good material." this guy really takes it out of me sometimes. but probably one of the nicest guys i have ever known. actually (sometimes) listens to things that are coming out of my mouth and participates in conversations with me. who knew a man could do this?! one time, he even helped me put away the dishes. i'm confounded.

here is a picture of my friend julie, confounded.


4 comments:

  1. is this the democrat we are speaking of? i feel like i should at least get a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. demmy, yes. just imagine a tall crazy red headed/bearded man. thats him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that there's no name for "good material" (aka BIG as I'll call him)... I'm also wondering if this guy is gay... I mean seriously, (1) He listens to what you have to say, (2) he DOESN'T like gas guzzeling vehicles (classic cars either) and (3) he helped you put the dishes away????

    I think you're just a cover for him! Lucky guy got a good cover girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete