Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On Anger

I'm not sure if it's because I'm a woman or my mother's daughter, but I have a tendency of bottling up my emotions and keeping them at bay until the most ridiculous occurrence sets them off. I can deal with shit from people all week long (bartender extraordinaire) then come home and my roommate's craft project for her villain costume party will be lying around, right next to a bottle of syrup and Barefoot Contessa homemade cookies, and roommate will be nowhere in sight. Then I flip out. Or I'm putting on my eyeliner and the end breaks off, I flip out. Or a hanger gets stuck on another hanger. Then I really flip out.

What is wrong with me? one might ask. Who knows. I dare say I should work on it. But instead, I've found a seemingly healthy way to deal with my pent up rage. I put on a little classical music on my record player, blast it as loud as the sad little speaker system can allow, and clean the shit out of my house.

Yesterday, I found something on Facebook that made me want to cry and scream, but I couldn't (what is that, when you can't cry?) and instead of going to work angry and destructive, I evoked this little method and soon enough, after a bit of shoving clothes into my drawers, the fit was over and all's well that ends well.

On a lighter, less angry note, I joined match.com.

Whaaaaaatttttttt?????

I know. My roommates made me. Let's just say it's going to be a little experiment. And plus, being a pretty girl and all, I just kind of have to sit back and see what happens. Or who presents themselves. It's like online shopping. And instead of going to a bar where T.I. is bumping and you might end up talking to some joker wearing an Affliction shirt, (or if you're me, get into a fight) you don't have to waste your time with said joker for twenty minutes, only to find out that he adores Lady Gaga and has three chihuahuas.

So all you ladies who are curious, I'll let you know how the experiment is panning out. So far, only about a dozen creepers have "winked" at me, but three Baldwins have emailed me. However, that's out of the nine, most of which were fairly redneck.

Who would have thought that I would attract a redneck?

...Googled "redneck" to add to this post, here are just a few findings. Good stuff, these rednecks.


Redneck timeout.



Rednect protest.


Wedding announcement. Didn't use match.com

5 comments:

  1. sorry about your anger issues... sounds like you have a lot of rage. i can relate to the hanger issue, though. ugh.

    i'm dying to know what you found on FB that made you so darn mad? text me.

    good luck on match.com. and for heavens sake, don't mention your anger problem on the first date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Baldwins"--totally forgot about that one!

    I get VERY angry with two hangers clingy to each other for dear life too! UGH!!!

    Goodluck w/ match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you kick walls? i kick walls. and sometimes i get tangled up in my own feet -- and fall. these two things usually coincide with really bad cussing, shortly followed by a dramatic exit to my car, where i drive off too fast with the windows rolled down listening to zeppelin II.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the supervillian convention was totally worth your anger. LOVE, SHRU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I HATE when hangers get caught on other hangers!!!
    2. I hear match.com works great! I have friends who have used it. Both male and female of course.
    3. For my anger/anxiety issues I tend to use valuim (I have no idea if that's spelled correctly)
    4. Also road trips with my windows down and loud music tend to help as well :) (I'd say killing people but I'm not really allowed to do that anymore...technically anyway :)

    ReplyDelete