Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bingo!

So it's 5:40 AM and I'm wide afreakingwake and have been since 3.

Remember when you were a little girl and couldn't go to sleep because you were thinking about pancakes in the morning and your dad was all, "CLOSE YOUR EYES!" from the living room, and you were like, "What do you think I'm doing in here!?" but then you realized that you actually hadn't closed your eyes and when you did, you fell right to sleep? And twenty years later, this has, for the most part, panned out. Turns out, my father and I are exactly alike and his words, while seemingly simple, were so true. Oftentimes, I find myself lying in bed, in the dark, starring at the wall, eyes wide open, not even understanding why it is I can't drift off to sleep, and then, from somewhere in the back of my memory: CLOSE YOUR EYES!

It usually works. But not tonight.

Friend Keith and I went to Bingo tonight like a couple of old biddies, didn't win anything, stuffed our faces with a whole pizza afterward, and after going to sleep at the earliest time I have probably ever gone to sleep, here I am, just like the Bingo ladies, up at nearing 6AM.

And I texted Keith so I could drag his ass down with me. Freaking Bingo.

And instead of chocolate chip pancakes covered in maple syrup that mom used to make for me, I am planning out fall outfits, because of couse, being up this early with nothing else to do, I did a little online shopping at delias.com.

Thinking about this sweater...


With these boots...
Or these...
Then I tried reading a short story by Flannery O'Connor because usually reading gets me all kinds of sleepy, but instead I just lied awake, mind racing and wanting to write something. So here we are...

Goodnight?





*This is not a fashion blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment