Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'M DOING THE BEST I CAN!

so i had a pretty good weekend...

sunday i awake to no gold ring on my finger. and not the kind of ring that my granny wishes i would get, the one with the university of texas tower on it. i never take this bad boy off, except to sleep. but when i am at someone else's house (reagan and amy's), i usually keep it on during slumber. it takes me a while to realize i don't know where it is, and panic ensues. about as much panic as one can concoct while suffering from a tremendous hangover. jim beam is no friend of mine.

so reagan seems surprisingly dull and relaxed about the whole situation, claiming that she'll find it. eventually. comforting! i have to leave san antonio sans class ring.

meanwhile, one of my dear friends is chewing my ass out (via text, of course) about some silly (he obviously didn't find it that silly) work drama. drama, that i might add, i caused and then fled the city of austin.

texts from sunday: ok dude, i get it. i messed up bad. i'm really sorry. please stop text yelling at me. you're being an ass.

friend: oh you think i'm being an ass!? well based on your recent actions, your evaluation of character means very, very little to me.

i stopped responding after that. what can you say when your evaluation of character has been called out. not much...

sunday night, get home to austin (yes, i was texting and driving) and boyfriend, or for this little story, let's just call him "dumbass," calls me at one a.m. to tell me he thinks "we shouldn't do this anymore."

super! i think that whoever calls you at one o'clock in the morning should stop doing whatever he or she is doing too.

so dumbass goes on to tell me everything i already know about our relationship, and then i politely agree, it is time to go separate ways, and go to bed. only after, of course, i got in my last words with an angry text. something to the effect of: i'm going to make you miserable, you sorry sack of shit. don't quote me on that, though, i might be remembering it wrong.

dumbass is a friend of mine, we've seen each other since and we, hopefully, will continue to be friends. he is leaving the country so it was bound to happen sooner than later. i just really had a huge scene in mind. one where i suddenly pick a huge fight over nothing and scream, "get out of my life! i hate you!" and he leaves for south america, but only after i have driven to the airport in the utmost dramatic fashion to catch him in the terminal before his flight to tell him goodbye and send him off correctly.

when your boyfriend leaves the country, i think its time you start seeing other people.

its just, wow, i hate being a victim. i realize this blog is all about me being a victim, but its pretty rare that i feel sorry for myself. didn't you always hate when you couldn't do something right and someone said, "just do the best you can."

"just do the best you can" is like a victim's war cry. so pathetic.

thousands of pathetic victims are marching along somewhere with their pathetic leader, crying, "WE'RE DOING THE BEST WE CAN!!!"




2 comments:

  1. good story. i had to read it twice, but i fully understand it now.

    found the ring, lost the boy. good call on that one... south africa is quite a drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "texts from sunday: ok dude, i get it. i messed up bad. i'm really sorry. please stop text yelling at me. you're being an ass."

    Girl I understand. TEXT YELLING ESPECIALLY IF THE CONVERSATION IS IN ALL CAPS IS THE WORST, ESPECIALLY FROM THAT PERSON!!!

    ReplyDelete