Thursday, November 4, 2010

Redbox is only okay.

The first time I used a Redbox, somehow I screwed up the most incredibly simplest process of renting and returning movies...wait a second, just realized my Hamiltonians might not know what a Redbox is...

Redbox, in case you don't have one in your thriving metropolitan, is a red looking box shaped thing in front of your local McDonald's or 7-11, where you can rent movies, new and old, for like a dollar and eight cents, for one night, and then one dollar for each night you have it out. It's perfect for wine and cheese nights alone at home when you know you're going to watch the movie and return it the next day. It's not so perfect when you forget about the movie and it gets buried under sweatshirts and P.Terry's cups in the back seat of your car.

Anyway, the first time I used the box, I was elated. I always have a good time by myself, especially when I pick what we (me and wine) get to watch. So, whatever sappy movie we watched, I returned on time the next day. This is almost unfathomable. I am not so great at deadlines. When I get to the Redbox, I am on the way to work and kind of in a hurry. Hit screen, follow directions, not too hard. A cinderblock could do this. But at time to return disk into box, things go a little awry. The box doesn't seem to want to take my movie back. Hurried Brynnan forcefully shoves DVD in anyway and goes about her business.

Few days later, checking bank account online, Redbox charges galore. Why I don't mind a few extra dollars on my account now, what is this going to be like later on down the road. Obviously, the box doesn't realize it has my movie; this could get bad. Thinking back on the event of return, I wonder: what the hell did I do wrong?

Ask roommate: I returned this movie the other day, I wonder why they are still charging me?

Roomie: Are you sure you returned it? Maybe you just thought you did. It's probably in your back seat. Did you follow the directions correctly?

Me: Of course I did. Wait, what directions?

Roomie: Well, you have to return it a certain way. There's a big arrow on one side of the disk where you insert it in the box.

Me: Oh.

So, come to find out, if you shove in the DVD on the side that DOESN'T have a huge arrow on it, the Redbox does not realize you have returned your movie. I guess the thing thinks you just came along and forced a square like object in it for funzies.

I feel like a cinderblock. And had to call Redbox and explain to them that I cannot follow instructions and hope that they feel remorse for me and my disability. The guy was really nice and said they had since accounted for my movie and the charges would stop, plus he reimbursed me my three dollars. I felt silly.

And while I have since learned the in's and out's of the Redbox, there has finally come a time when I have fulfilled my own destiny as a procrastinator and rented a shit movie which I have tried to watch eighteen times but stopped each time, and while I didn't want to return the movie without finishing it, now I am out I don't know how much money because of this dumb DVD.

One of these days, I'm going to return the movie and another one of these days, I'm going to use the Redbox again. I don't let my own stupidity get in the way of a good thing.

How many times can you type "Redbox" in one blog? Eleven.

Redbox.

(New post a couple posts down, it got out of order. Don't miss it! It's about dating!)


1 comment:

  1. hamilton doesn't have said 'redbox', but they do have a 'bluebox' by blockbuster. i was impressed. and, come on brynn... even a caveman could figure that out :)

    ReplyDelete